Current Career Opportunities at Kruggel Lawton
Do what you love and love what you do! Kruggel Lawton has challenging, diverse, and rewarding roles in a fun, flexible environment. As a growing Top 500 accounting, tax, and business advisory firm, we can offer you career advancement in a close-knit community where you are truly valued.
If you want something more than just another JOB, but instead want a gratifying career with a firm that promotes integrity, innovation, excellence, respect, and balance, let’s talk. Learn more about what it’s like to work at Kruggel Lawton and the opportunities we offer new graduates and experienced professionals.
- Nonprofit Audit Senior Staff or Manager, South Bend or Elkhart office – We provide a variety of services to Nonprofit clients, and it’s an honor to serve mission-driven organizations and their unique needs and requirements. Ideal candidates will have:
- At least 2-3 years of experience auditing nonprofits, ideally supervising/managing audit engagements
- Passionate about service mission-driven organizations and their unique needs and requirements
- An active (or pending) CPA license
- Experience with Form 990 would be ideal
- Desire to coach and develop less-experienced professional staff
- Tax Manager, South Bend office – Due to continued growth, we have an opportunity for an experienced tax professional to join our firm's South Bend office as a Tax Manager. Ideal candidates will have:
- A CPA with 5-7 years of experience providing corporate/partnership tax compliance, planning and consulting services to flow-through entities
- A strong track record of coaching and mentoring less experienced tax professionals
- Excellent relationship-building and business development skills
- An aspiration and ability for an accelerated promotion path
- Nonprofit Client Accounting Advisor, South Bend office - Client Accounting & Advisory Services (CAAS) is a rapidly-growing part of Kruggel Lawton CPAs, and we are currently seeking experienced Accounting professionals. Our CAAS team serves a variety of clients with trusted business advice based on their accounting functions. This ranges from handling regular accounting and related procedures to advising owners, senior managers, or board members with practical business advice. Prior professional/supervisory Accounting experience required; experience in public accounting helpful but not required. Ideal candidates will have:
- At least 4-6 years of non-profit accounting experience
- In-depth knowledge of non-profit accounting concepts and standards, particularly involving restricted net assets and contribution/grants receivable accounting
- Experience with Form 990 preparation and the correlation between financial statements and Form 990
- An ability to work independently, advice clients and brief boards/committees
- A passion to serve mission-driven organizations and contribute to our growing nonprofit practice
- An active CPA license is ideal, but not required
- INTERNS - Internship candidates with long-term growth potential who would like to gain practical experience January through mid-April, ideally on a full-time basis. A more limited number of summer internships may also be available.
- SEASONAL - Seasonal team members to prepare individual and business tax returns during our peak season (mid-January – April 15); could be a full-time or flex-time schedule.
We offer competitive rewards in a friendly and enjoyable work environment. If you'd like to join our team, please contact Terry Bush at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 574.289.4011.